The Life Changing Cleanser Alternative

After a friend recently sent me a video of her taking her make up off using only the Face Halo and water I logged straight onto Amazon Prime and ordered myself a pack of 3, I cringed slightly at the price, £18 for a pack of 3 when I can go to Ikea and get 4 flannels for £1?? I went along with it though, as the assurance from my friend that these would be life changing was too persuasive to ignore and I needed all of the small wins in life that I could get my hands on. 

The following day, after my super speedy delivery (let's take a second to appreciate Amazon Prime) I counted down the minutes until it was time to remove the day from my face. I wet the cloth/ pad with warm water and began swiping it over my make up covered skin and to my amazement I could automatically see the pigment transferring straight onto the pad with absolutely no scrubbing. Bearing in mind this is without using any kind of cleanser, which I just could not wrap my head around. I was highly sceptical when approaching my eyes, not only had I decided to opt for an array of shadows on this particular day but also I was wearing a new sample of a waterproof mascara, absolutely no chance am I getting this all off with just water and a pretty normal looking flannel, right? Wrong. I held the cloth on my eyes for a couple of seconds, gave them a little circular motion rub to loosen the products and instantly was shocked at how easily my make up seemed to be melting away. I genuinely do not know what is in these to make them work so amazingly well but I do know that it would take a lot for me to go back to Ikea for their substandard flannels. 

I do still use a cleanser (Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish or The Ordinary Squalene Cleanser - post coming soon) most of the time, usually on the second cleanse with the Face Halo as the initial go over gets all the make up off and then the second cleanse makes sure my skin feels super squeaky clean and polished. However, my morning skincare routine has completely changed as I no longer feel the need to use a full on cleansing routine in the morning and usually will just give myself a once over using the Face Halo and then tone using the Pixi Glow Tonic.

So if you are thinking about purchasing but have been put off by the price, I know it seems steep but I would really highly recommend giving them a go if you cleanse morning and night with product cleansers as you could save a fortune in the long run through simply shoving these in the wash and reusing as the main cleanse.

Have you tried the Face Halos or anything similar? 
What did you think?
Son x


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

Beauty On A Budget- Naked 2 Alternative

Chubby Stick Loving