L'Oreal Infallible Foundation Stick Honest Review



Although my student status has enforced an involuntary decrease in my spending budget, my interest in trialling beauty products has prevailed. Therefore, I've taken upon myself to find the best of the best when it comes to drugstore products. Skin is one of the hardest product areas to get right in my opinion - what works for me might completely not work for you and vice versa. But I thought I would inject my two-pennies worth into the foundation mix around this stick foundation and give my thoughts on how it worked for my dehydrated but oily skin.
After hearing so many rave reviews about this foundation and its supposed similarities to Hourglass's cult fave stick foundation myself and my friend felt we needed to get our hands on L'Oreal's version.
For £8.99 I felt that if this was a flop it wouldn't be a waste of a ridiculous amount of money (I'm looking at you Nars Sheer Glow for £30 a pop - even though I love you!).

On first use I really liked how easily it applied and blended into the skin, the colour match was perfect for my winter paler skin (180) and the not too pink not too yellow undertone was really appreciated. I used it with a damp Real Techniques Complexion Sponge, so far so good.

My make up looked flawless and I was really happy with how it was sitting on my skin. For about 20 minutes. And then I started to notice that I was becoming increasingly oily, more so than usual and when I tried to blot my skin the product was lifting and disappearing in patches. I was not impressed. 

I didn't give up on it just yet and I tried again a couple of months later, with a different primer and I properly set it using my trusted Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. This time things were different, the flawless finish lasted so much longer and I didn't feel like it was disintegrating at rapid speeds, I did find that I got oilier than usual still and there are still things that I am hesitant about with this product. But I do think that as an easy to use swipe on, blend and go product, and one which is great for travelling, with no worries of the dreaded make up bag explosion happening, it is a really good product. I would recommend it more for normal/dry skin and I would definitely suggest setting it properly. For £8.99 I would say that this is a good foundation but not one that I would be repurchasing in a hurry and not an all-time fave but one that I will continue to use.
Have you tried it?
What did you think?
Son x

Comments

  1. i haven’t tried this but i had a similar situation with a Barry M foundation stick. i can’t seem to get on with them!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

Beauty On A Budget- Naked 2 Alternative

Chubby Stick Loving