a little life reflection


I have tried writing and re-writing this post countless times and I just can't seem to conjure up the right words or emotions to express the thoughts whirling around my head. I'm not entirely sure what my intentions are, still while writing this with the possibility of even 1 person reading this but my urge to share outweighed my urge to stay quiet in this instance.

I know I speak for so many people around the UK when I say how shocked and devastated I was to hear about the news of Caroline Flack recently. It has really thrown me and I just can't seem to shake the heaviness at the pit of my stomach. The idea that someone could have reached such a low that they see no other option but to stop living is a concept that really truly scares me. Not because I can't understand why someone could feel like that, but because I genuinely can see how fragile life is and that the difference between life and death seems so unconcerning when you allow yourself to reach the edge of that cliff.

The idea that we as humans are destined to live a perfect and pristine existence is a really scary concept after acknowledging that there has never been such a thing as a perfect human (although my mum comes pretty close). Especially for people who have the unfortunate fate of appearing in the public eye, whose lives are scrutinised on the daily by other imperfect human beings. We all have our demons and what is truly the point of life if when we are no longer here, the only things that people seem to remember us for are the mistakes we have made. These mistakes which will undoubtedly taint and question our judgements but surely do not outweigh the good we have brought into the world. Everyone is trying their best to navigate their way through life as unproblematically as possible.

I'm not really sure still what the purpose of this is but to just reiterate the conversation so rightly being had at the moment. Kindness is such a powerful thing, it takes so little energy in comparison to fuelling hatred and I just don't see what anyone would gain from chipping away at another human so much that they feel underserving of living any longer.

In a world where you can be anything be kind.
son x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

Beauty On A Budget- Naked 2 Alternative

Chubby Stick Loving