Keeping Bleached Hair Alive

After my virgin hair had its first experience with bleach through balayage last year I have been trying extra hard to keep the ends in good condition. There have been particular steps that I have subsequently included in my daily/ weekly routines and I would like to think that I have kept my hair in reasonably good condition.

  • I have massively cut down on how much heat I am using on my hair in an attempt to save it from being fried, and unnecessarily damaged. 
  • I have introduced purple shampoo and conditioner to remove brassy tones from my bleached hair which keeps it looking really lovely and cool-toned (I can do a post on these in the future).
  • I have begun doing weekly deep treatment masks to really force moisture back into my ends.
  • I have added to my post-hair washing routine. I now make sure to use some kind of oil or serum, I've been reaching for L'Oreal's Extraordinary Oil recently on my damp hair which I finds makes my ends super nourished and silky without getting greasy or coating the hair in a really horrible sticky way which I have found with other oils in the past.
  • I religiously use a heat protectant spray now when blow drying or using heat on my hair and the John Frieda one has worked really well at not changing the texture of my hair after using it, with some others I have found that my hair would become greasy really quickly and just overall feel a bit gross. I don't get this feeling with this one and I just like the assurance that it's protecting from any heat damage.
  • Frizz serum, although I don't have thick or coarse hair as advertised to on the bottle of John Frieda's Frizz Ease I am no stranger to frizz, especially in colder months with the heating often being on full blast. I find that this serum is really good at just making sure my hair looks silky, glossy and doesn't have all the usual flyaways that I was used to previously.
With all of these little changes and steps I have found that the quality of my hair has just become so much more healthy and even after it being bleached I am confident that I am looking after it well enough to maintain the colour that I love without having to compromise on the quality or texture of my hair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

Beauty On A Budget- Naked 2 Alternative

Chubby Stick Loving