Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer v Maybeline Fit Me Concealer

 
On first glance these 2 concealers sat side by side look almost identical. The sleek, thin, rectangular packaging, both topped with a black cap and the brand names along the casing. Both also have a doe foot applicator so the application process will be pretty much identical. So the battle of the concealers relies upon the formula alone. The make or break of these products; how they feel on the skin.
 
Lets begin the breakdown with the Nars radiant creamy concealer. (link here) The price being more hefty at £22.00 we're expecting a little bit more quality for our product with this one. And I really do think it delivers. It comes in 10 shades so there is bound to be a shade to suit your skin tone. The formula is really creamy as the name would suggest. It blends nicely and has a really great amount of coverage, whilst not feeling heavy or cakey on the skin. This has great longevity and stays put for a really long time, however it is notorious for creasing and I have definitely had some awkward creasing situations in the past, but this can be easily avoided with the helping hand of a good old powder. The only other con is that I find that if I have dry skin it can sometimes cling to dry patches, so probably more one for people with oily/ combination skin. I think in terms of overall quality I would give this a solid 7.5/10.
 
On to Maybelline's Fit me concealer (Link here) this product with a more forgiving price tag at £5.99 and a very different formula. The consistency of this is a lot more lightweight and a lot thinner. I would say that this is better for drier skin or skin with less to conceal. The coverage is similar although undoubtedly less than its competition from Nars. Creasing with this is to a minimum and as long as it has been set adequately with a small amount of powder is likely to stay on for the majority of the day without needing touch ups. The shade range is extensive so again it's likely you will find one to match your skin colour. I think that this rivals its higher end counterpart without a doubt and in some ways is a lot better quality and value for money. Honestly I reach for this one more often as I find it more reliable and easy to work with. So I would rate this 8/10.
What do you think of these concealers?
Lots of love,
Son x
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

A little bit of Luxury

Chubby Stick Loving