Worth The Hype?


YouTube and blogs are like a never ending game of Chinese whispers, an opinion of a product is passed on from one person to another and every time it is passed to the next person the opinion can change and is passed on to the next in a different light. Sometimes I buy in to the products which are raved about as I really just want to experience first hand what people are raving about and if I agree. On this occasion I put my hands up and admit that I was heavily influenced by the likes of other bloggers whose opinions I entirely trust.
 
Clarins Instant Concealer-£21- I have been eyeing this up ever since it became a big thing on YouTube a couple of months ago and damnn is it good! it gives the perfect amount of coverage without looking too cakey and feeling too thick on the skin. I have the shade 02 which I found to be pretty pink toned which is fab for getting rid of those pesky under eye circles! I'm a sucker for a good concealer and this is definitely up there!
 
L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara- £10.99- As my beloved Estee Lauder mascara is slowing getting gloopier and gloopier I knew it was time to replenish the stocks and at first I was ready to go for the same one again as its just so wonderful. However, I thought it was probably a good time to test out a new mascara and see how it compared. I've seen this L'Oreal one being spoken about non-stop so I jumped on the bandwagon. Honestly, I'm not sure about this, the wand is plasticy and a bit flimsy in my opinion and the formula is pretty wet so I cant seem to build up the lashes much although it does add length. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I haven't fallen in love with this one as of yet.
 
L'Oreal Colour Riche Mono Eye shadows- £5.49 Again these had been praised by many loved bloggers and I feel that drugstore brands are slightly slacking when it comes to good quality eye shadows. These are so buttery smooth and blend so effortlessly they almost feel like cream eye shadows. Also I cannot fault the price of a measly £5.49 compared to those of say mac at almost double the price and not a lot of difference in quality!
Let me know if you have any recommendations of products
 
Lots of love,
Son x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

Beauty On A Budget- Naked 2 Alternative

A little bit of Luxury