January Faves

This month has been a month of discovery for myself which has left me feeling really great about 2018.


Health and Fitness
This sounds like a bit of a rando favourite (it's more of a casual new years resolution) but this month I have really been trying to take back control, maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I think we can all agree that December comes up on top when neglecting the fruit bowl or stepping outside for a quick jog, heck even a walk! So I've been making a conscious effort to eat my greens, drink enough water, take my vitamins and do at least a little exercise every day. I have been finding it has not only increased my mood and energy but also I'm starting to feel more confident in my body again which is something I was starting to lose. Let's see how long I can keep this one up.



Black Mirror
This epic Netflix series has been doing the rounds on social media recently with everyone singing it's praises. I jumped on the bandwagon reasonably late and have only just started watching, I'm hooked! If you haven't watched yet I would 100% reccommend dropping whatever it is you're doing and binge watching all 4 series. I love that you can watch the eps in any order as each episode is completely detached from the rest of the series which means I can dip in and out of series, deciding which episodes tickle my fancy at the time. I would say, they can all be a little creepy so if you can't really cope with a few murders here and there then this is probably not the show for you. However, the plots are never too gruesome and have so much depth. A really clever and gripping series, 10/10 from me.





Mac Fix Plus
It wouldn't have been a favourites without at least a couple of beauty related items. I have only been using this for the past couple of weeks but I am seriously loving spritzing it over my finished make up. I am finding my make up lasts longer and just looks fresher. Also it is such a lovely refreshing feeling in the morning to just spray this on dull and tired skin.



Maybelline Gigi Hadid Eyeshadow Palette
To be honest, I wasn't even aware that Gigi had released a line with maybelline and therefore was a little surprised when I received this at Christmas. As I have been solely using my Jaclyn Hill palette recently I decided to mix things up and gave this a try one day. Genuinely I've never had more compliments on a make up look than when I was wearing these shadows! I am especially loving the gorgeous matte brown which has some pinky undertones. I have just been blending it into the crease and then slightly onto the middle of the lid to create a little bit of a contoured look and it looks so gorgeous without being too in your face. The gold shade is also beaut just patted onto the centre of the lid.

Let me know what your favourites have been this month! Also I would love to know if anyone has any good series recommendations as I am undoubtedly going to be finished with Black Mirror imminently and need something to keep me occupied, thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

A little bit of Luxury

Beauty On A Budget- Naked 2 Alternative